Mau and Hargrove - Sonya

Hargrove

Future of Graphic Design section - The University of Kentucky was redesigning their curriculum and focusing mainly on the bookends of their program. They felt those were the most important parts of their program & they wanted to help with the student transitions that occur in those phases. Also, they felt it necessary to find ways to close the divide between education & the professional world.

Mau

"Take the long view and allow yourself the fun of failure every day". I liked that sentence. None of us are perfect so we need to allow ourselves to fail & be OK with it. Too many people, including myself, are bent on being right or perfectionism.

"The market and its operations have a tendency to reinforce success. Resist it." - I don't know that I agree with that statement. Success is good & should be embraced, not resisted. It is good to succeed. That doesn't mean that failure is bad. There are great things about failure too (like the learning from your mistakes) & we should embrace those things as well.