Opp: Fwd: Summer Internships

Folks,

You may be interested in this internship opportunity.

Benjamin Watson
Director, Design Graphics Lab | Associate Professor, Computer Science, NC State Univ.
919-513-0325 | designgraphics.ncsu.edu | @dgllab

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edward Shockley <drshock@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Subject: Summer Internships
To: bwatson@ncsu.edu

Professor Watson,
I was at the NCSU engineering career fair earlier this month representing IBM.    In particular representing the part of IBM that designs and develops native mobile applications (formally under the Lotus brand).    In meeting students at our booth I was informed about a course dedicated to mobile device software at NCSU.   I understand you deliver/developed this course and that it deep dives aspects of both UX and code implementation.

We typically run several summer internships every year at the mobile group, both with the engineering team that I run and the design team that a peer of mine has.    We do cocoa touch here, as well as Java for both Android and Blackberry as part of native-hybrid designed apps.  And we're also gearing up on Windows Phone.  We do very little web-based work though, our specialty is native development.

We're always looking for exceptional students with prior mobile app skills so I thought I would reach out and introduce myself given your course.

Right now in fact I am looking for an experienced US student who prefers Apple native development,  who would have an opportunity to work on the iOS flavor of the IBM Connections mobile app for social business this Summer.  

Regards,

Edward Shockley, PMP®
Senior Software Engineering Manager, Connections Mobile
IBM Collaboration Solutions